My empire of dirt...

Crikey! Just looking back in this thread. The garden i finished building 4 weeks back has gone nuts!!!
It has onions, spinach, rocket, 3 types of cucumbers, chives, coriander, 8 lettuce, basil, capsicum and some flowers..
20251014_190314.webp
20251115_084933.webp
20251115_084943.webp
 
The passionfruit has pretty much died though.. we ain't having much luck with those..
Speaking of shit dieing, my fucken strawberries....
They are going great guns, loads of fruits but every single one so far, when so close to ripe, is being eaten by something!!!
I put nets on for to keep the birds off although it dont look like birds pecking em. I've put out slug and snail poison but it dont look like slugs or snails as no evidence of slime trails. I did see ants eating one and have put out 7 ant bait things over the last week and no sign of ants since..
Yesterday I pulled all the damaged fruit and this morning there was another half eaten berry. It's doing my fucken head in..
IMG-20251115-WA0000.webp
 
Right, it's definitely birds... just had another look and the other half of that strawberry is gone. There was a gap in the netting on the neighbors side about 50mm high along the lenth of the fence, ive now closed that. If they are still getting em the must be some how getting under the net where it hangs down the fence but I can't believe that possible..
Anyhu, b is away so im busy painting.
Last night I got the wardrobe shelving finish coated, today ive nearly finished the first topcoat on the walls and ceiling. Unfortunately it looks like the ceiling will need 3 coats.
The walls I am just whitening out so the bluey greeny colour covers more evenly as the other room needed 3 coats of colour and im not sure ive enough paint for that..
I'm off to the pub in a few hours, may do some drunken painting later...
20251115_113549.webp
20251115_113640.webp
20251115_113517.webp
20251114_192309.webp
 
Crikey! Just looking back in this thread. The garden i finished building 4 weeks back has gone nuts!!!
It has onions, spinach, rocket, 3 types of cucumbers, chives, coriander, 8 lettuce, basil, capsicum and some flowers..
View attachment 151494View attachment 151497View attachment 151498

The passionfruit has pretty much died though.. we ain't having much luck with those..
Speaking of shit dieing, my fucken strawberries....
They are going great guns, loads of fruits but every single one so far, when so close to ripe, is being eaten by something!!!
I put nets on for to keep the birds off although it dont look like birds pecking em. I've put out slug and snail poison but it dont look like slugs or snails as no evidence of slime trails. I did see ants eating one and have put out 7 ant bait things over the last week and no sign of ants since..
Yesterday I pulled all the damaged fruit and this morning there was another half eaten berry. It's doing my fucken head in..
View attachment 151499


calm down.gif
 
Weather is very fucken average today. Got a fence the i started yesterday, got posts and rails on before the heavens opened up, to finish today but I dont think is worth driving there . At best ill be working on a slippery soaking wet muddy hill and most likely by the time I get there and get set up it will piss it down.
Anyhu im gunna get on with painting the walls in the bedroom. Done a load of spot filling yesterday as the different light showed up loads of Lil imperfections. Burger.
So im gunna sand em out, give the whole room another coat of white, go to town to get some tiles for wardrobe floor and hopefully it's day when I get home and I can get some color on..
In other news, the upgrades to the bird netting has worked, no more chomped up berries! In a few days i will have a bunch to pick..
The wet weather has sent the tomatoes into turbo boost!
20251119_084000.webp
20251119_084012.webp
20251119_084017.webp
20251119_084022.webp
 
Walls done!!! Just a sand and final coat on the woodwork to go! And the tiles to wardrobe floor.. and a threshold strip.. and some window stays.. and some locks on the patio doors..
Meh... and fix off the switches and put a light in the wardrobe... and a door stop a d some handles on the wardrobe doors .. and clean all the glass and floor...mount TV and move all furniture.. and fit the drapes...
But we nearly there....
And the wash on the doors...
20251119_191101.webp
20251119_191051.webp
IMG-20251119-WA0000.webp
 
Your summers on it's way soon? At least any painting you do will dry quicker?
Yea we getting highs of around 23 ish lately but last few days have been wet and real humid. Paint drying ok . Today I got 3 coats on the walls over 10 hours but I did bung the heater and dehumidifier in there between coats. The wood work is all in oil based as I didn't like the finish I was getting with the aqua enamel so that still takes an age to dry..
And it stinks ....
 
We had two staff over from the China office and put them in a hotel in town. They didn’t sleep the first night and stay up together in one room as they were scared of ghosts.
Apparently the smell of ghosts is the same as fresh paint (the place had just been renovated).
Nutters.
I remember Billy Connolly saying about how the Queen used to think the world smelt like fresh paint cos everywhere she went there were people frantically making everything shipshape
 
2 year and 4 days ago we spent our first night in the empire of dirt! I was trying so hard to get us imoved in to our new bedroom for the anniversary but it wasn't to be..
But it finally do and we shall be moving today!! Well, i need some longer screws for the sockets on one wall as it's double boarded, hang the drapes and mount the TV ( fix the television to the wall) ( weirdos)
And that's it!!! Oh and clean the glass..
Over the last few days ive got all the lil bits an bobs done including a deep clean of the laminate flooring and applied some cabbots laminate floor restorer, im bulk impressed!
Anyhu, im gunna go get coffee and then start the move...
20251129_091211.webp
20251129_091223.webp
20251129_091241.webp
 
2 year and 4 days ago we spent our first night in the empire of dirt! I was trying so hard to get us imoved in to our new bedroom for the anniversary but it wasn't to be..
But it finally do and we shall be moving today!! Well, i need some longer screws for the sockets on one wall as it's double boarded, hang the drapes and mount the TV ( fix the television to the wall) ( weirdos)
And that's it!!! Oh and clean the glass..
Over the last few days ive got all the lil bits an bobs done including a deep clean of the laminate flooring and applied some cabbots laminate floor restorer, im bulk impressed!
Anyhu, im gunna go get coffee and then start the move...
View attachment 152665View attachment 152666View attachment 152667
Well done chiz a fantastic achievement for you both ... I hope you have many years of happiness in your home 🙏
 
2 year and 4 days ago we spent our first night in the empire of dirt! I was trying so hard to get us imoved in to our new bedroom for the anniversary but it wasn't to be..
But it finally do and we shall be moving today!! Well, i need some longer screws for the sockets on one wall as it's double boarded, hang the drapes and mount the TV ( fix the television to the wall) ( weirdos)
And that's it!!! Oh and clean the glass..
Over the last few days ive got all the lil bits an bobs done including a deep clean of the laminate flooring and applied some cabbots laminate floor restorer, im bulk impressed!
Anyhu, im gunna go get coffee and then start the move...
View attachment 152665View attachment 152666View attachment 152667
 
Mr @Chizel,
been meaning to ask you what the track day situation is in your part, of your part, of the world. Do you have any race tracks near where you live and what is the national feeling towards track riding in the land of Zeal?
 
2 year and 4 days ago we spent our first night in the empire of dirt! I was trying so hard to get us imoved in to our new bedroom for the anniversary but it wasn't to be..
But it finally do and we shall be moving today!! Well, i need some longer screws for the sockets on one wall as it's double boarded, hang the drapes and mount the TV ( fix the television to the wall) ( weirdos)
And that's it!!! Oh and clean the glass..
Over the last few days ive got all the lil bits an bobs done including a deep clean of the laminate flooring and applied some cabbots laminate floor restorer, im bulk impressed!
Anyhu, im gunna go get coffee and then start the move...
View attachment 152665View attachment 152666View attachment 152667
Time to Christen it now 😉🫄😂
 
Mr @Chizel,
been meaning to ask you what the track day situation is in your part, of your part, of the world. Do you have any race tracks near where you live and what is the national feeling towards track riding in the land of Zeal?
There is only a handful of tracks in nz and the nearest to where we live is about 3.5 hours drive . With the travel, accommodation , track fees and bike costs, it's an expensive hobby here so it's not as popular as it is in the uk.
Biking in general does have a large following in nz but track days and racing not so much. Motox is big . There is an enduro track in the hills opposite our house which hosts a couple of events a year ( one this weekend) and hundreds of bikes turn up. I tried to get a photo of a group of about 15 kids on their bikes at the lil supermarket in town, opposite the pub when I went there today as it was way cool but couldn't get the phone to work in time...
In our immediate area the roads are pretty shit for sports bikes unfortunately.. that said, there is some good routes if you know where to go. I dont ! @Laava does though...im pretty much sworn off riding till the house is finished.
 
There is only a handful of tracks in nz and the nearest to where we live is about 3.5 hours drive . With the travel, accommodation , track fees and bike costs, it's an expensive hobby here so it's not as popular as it is in the uk.
Biking in general does have a large following in nz but track days and racing not so much. Motox is big . There is an enduro track in the hills opposite our house which hosts a couple of events a year ( one this weekend) and hundreds of bikes turn up. I tried to get a photo of a group of about 15 kids on their bikes at the lil supermarket in town, opposite the pub when I went there today as it was way cool but couldn't get the phone to work in time...
In our immediate area the roads are pretty shit for sports bikes unfortunately.. that said, there is some good routes if you know where to go. I dont ! @Laava does though...im pretty much sworn off riding till the house is finished.
Warning !!!

If your house is like ours or many others around the world, with a woman in it, it will never be fully finished 😂😉
 
Back
Top Bottom