My empire of dirt...

Hot one today! 35 was showing on the thermometer in the chicken coop..
The strawberries are looking at lil droopy. Waiting for it to cool i bit so I can water em. Its 6.50 and it's down tto 27..
Got a bit more done on the shower after work and in between ice cold ciders..
Got a 6kg rump delivered last night so steak for dinner..got a few scotch fillet chunks( rib eye) turning up this week, a fillet and some lamb chups, got 15kg of mince last week so we are set for the festive season..
View attachment 153030

I'd have cheated. I would have bought one of those portaloo toilets you see at glastonbury, put it outside but then turn it into a shower. Gives you back your indoor space (y)

I wouldn't use a telephone box though otherwise people could see how cold things are 📏
 
I'd have cheated. I would have bought one of those portaloo toilets you see at glastonbury, put it outside but then turn it into a shower. Gives you back your indoor space (y)

I wouldn't use a telephone box though otherwise people could see how cold things are 📏
Could have done something like that.. it shouldn't be to much of a pain to work around where ive put it. It could be un use for a year or 2 at this rate so inside is better!
Just this min finished tile it, just grout, silicon and a bit of trim and it's done. Owes us about $400 and maybe 10 hours labor so not too bad. Some one may want it for a workshop shower or something when we done so might get me money back.
Gunna be pretty heavy to move though...
 
20251210_211056.webp
20251210_211110.webp
20251210_211119.webp
 
So this morning, as mentioned in another thread, I picked up some more bits for the house from a yard sale a few miles down the road.
Got 6 sheets of flooring ply, a new in the box integrated dishwasher, a new ceramic hob, a near new fridge freezer, a laundry tub/ cabinet, 30 meters of 3x2 timber, 2 filling cabinets and a matchbox fire engine.
All for 600 bucks. The ply flooring sheets alone cost $280 a sheet retail normally, so im pretty chuffed with the haul!!
The down side is ive now got to find space to store all this crap...
I'll posts some pics tomorrow as ive not taken any yet, it's 11.11pm and im in bed drinking wine.
I'm only posting this as i can't sleep coz I got pissed too early and b is snoring her fuck face off atm...
 
Video her snoring on your phone. Then when you need a day off, say you couldn't get to sleep because of her snoring, then show her it on your phone.

The down side is , you will be right, something wimmin hate so you might not get any love you long time
 
Video her snoring on your phone. Then when you need a day off, say you couldn't get to sleep because of her snoring, then show her it on your phone.

The down side is , you will be right, something wimmin hate so you might not get any love you long time
That is worst advice I’ve ever heard! He should suck it up and keep quiet if he’s got any sense. 😂
 
Just having a coffee before I start making space for all the crap in bought.
Thought I'd have a Google of the retail prices of some of the stuff. Normally I'd have a look before I buy stuff but it was that cheap I bought it on the spot.
The dishwasher, cook top, ply and fridge adds up to $4830 retail! The other bits and bobs probably 5-600 bucks.
No bad for $600!
20251214_084034.webp
20251214_083507.webp
20251214_083452.webp
20251214_083445.webp
20251214_083441.webp
 
Video her snoring on your phone. Then when you need a day off, say you couldn't get to sleep because of her snoring, then show her it on your phone.

The down side is , you will be right, something wimmin hate so you might not get any love you long time
In the past have shown her a video of her snoring, she was not impressed at all.. it was like I made her snore just to video it...
 
Over the last.fee days I have moved the kitchen into the spare bedroom and got the new shower set up running.. only thing that needs doing before the demo of the old kitchen area is move the stove. That's gunna happen today come sun up..
Then we are on with smashing out the last of the interior walls and doing the last of the piles..
Built a funky Lil country house shelf type thing to house the old sink .
The subaru radiator sprung a leak on Wednesday so Thursday it was in the shop getting a new one. $650 and $400 loss of wages for the day, merry fucken Christmas... the up side was a full days graft at home so got a load done..
Anyhu, we are now pretty much self contained down the finished end of the house apart from the toilet and the bathroom that is on new flooring but in the living room build area. All we need now is about 30k for materials and I could wrap things up quite quickly!!! And some wages would be handy
some pics of stuff...
...
20251216_153110.webp
20251217_204052.webp
20251217_204059.webp
20251217_204101.webp
20251217_204127.webp
20251218_205518.webp
20251219_182426.webp
20251219_182518.webp
20251219_182456.webp
20251219_182533.webp
20251219_182536.webp
 
Feck me @Chizel - Founding Father who ever built it originally saved on the floor joists didn’t they ? They seem very far apart.
Yea! They average about 700mm apart!!! I say average because it appears nothing was done with a tape measure in this place..
This was a Lil mining village back in the day and this and cottages like it in the area would have been slapped up quite quickly to house the workers, I doubt it was expected the house would still be here a 100 years on..
I think the only reason it's still standing ( just) is because it was built from decent lumber.
Unfortunately though, even the best timber has its limits and being in a drained swamp and lack of maintenance means the whole place is rotten...
 
Didn't manage to get the oven moved as b decided it needed cleaning first ( which it kinda did) so she sprayed it with oven cleaner and still hasn't finished the job! Also tbh, I couldn't be arsed getting up in the ceiling.
Sunday we did manage to get the old kitchen out, smashed up and burnt.
Speaking of burning, the fire ban will soon be upon us so I needs to get cracking with the rest of the demo so I can burn shit as we go. Otherwise it's more crap laying around.
That said, I didn't have too much trouble getting permits last summer, just have to book days in rather than just get on with it..
Might try and do a bit today but atm im not feeling too flash...
20251221_115111.webp
20251221_120021.webp
20251222_065840.webp
20251222_065834.webp
 
Last edited:
That slab of stone worktop was fucken heavy! Had to call a mate over for a lift as b wasn't man enough 👀
Probably gunna cut it up, a bit to go under the wood burner when we get one and a bit to go on the oak worktop for hot pots. Also good for making pastry on...
 
Back
Top Bottom