My empire of dirt...

I think B just likes keeping you working. Hours of free otherwise exspensive labour, timber, paint, soil, tools screws,etc

wouldn't it have just been cheaper to buy a bag of peas and beans from the supermarket :unsure:
 
I think B just likes keeping you working. Hours of free otherwise exspensive labour, timber, paint, soil, tools screws,etc

wouldn't it have just been cheaper to buy a bag of peas and beans from the supermarket :unsure:
Yea, she loves it... mind you, she got some fucken gardening to do now!!!
It would be cheaper to by frozen peas and beans. Apparently. I don't eat the fucken things....
 
So yesterday we let the chickens out for the first time since we got em.. didn't get around to Clipping their wings so we waited till late afternoon as we figured they would be less adventurous and wouldn't go too far from the coop if the did jump the lil fence. They had a ball!! They didn't try to jump the fence but did test the bottom of it every few feet to see if they could get out. Plenty of grass on there side but within minutes they wanted the grass on the other side. I guess they are a bit like people, they want what they can't get to or what one of the others have..
We sat out there drinking cider and watched em for about an hour before the put themselves to bed in the roost.
For now we'll let em out in the afternoons when we are home and go from there.
Got the lil planter in situ and concreted in, b picked up the 3rd bit of trellis while in auckland, just to paint and fit that and get 1.6 cubes of dirt in it and we good to go!
20251012_171534.webp
20251012_171549.webp
20251012_171550.webp
20251012_172235.webp
 
Soooo if B lays an egg in there, do you have to run over and fertilize it?
Hmmm... no... I don't do running for a start and as it's in full view of the neighbors, the fertilizing bit ain't happening either. ( not in daylight anyhu)also I doubt the world needs our offspring. Obviously the world would love our offspring for comedic reasons but that is mo reason to bring misshapen life into existence.... unless there is money involved. Obviously....
 
Karen, how you finding the DX?
Amazing in spite of it being too tall for me.
The reason I bought it (coming clean here) is because it was cheap. I paid $9k nzd for it when it would normally be $20-24k.
The reason for that is it was in a bike shop that flooded up to about a metre. Every bike is written off, approx 150, and they need every electrical component replaced and certified to be road legal. Of course this is not financially viable. This bike has done 25,000km since then with no issues other than it shouldn’t be on the road. But we have a thing here called farm reg which gets you a number plate, no different to any other bike.
Sorry this is off topic
 
Last edited:
Amazing in spite of it being too tall for me.
The reason I bought it (coming clean here) is because it was cheap. I paid $9k nzd for it when it would normally be $20-24k.
The reason for that is it was in a bike shop that flooded up to about a metre. Every bike is written off, approx 150, and they need every electrical component replaced and certified to be road legal. Of course this is not financially viable. This bike has done 25,000km since then with no issues other than it shouldn’t be on the road. But we have a thing here called farm reg which gets you a number plate, no different to any other bike.
Short this is off topic
All threads go off topic at some point, its a community thang :unsure: 😬
 
Can't sleep coz of shoulder pain..
Day before yesterday I shoveled .75 of a cube of dirt off the trailer and half a cube of gravel offa another. Not a huge amount but it's a job, along with digging, that really aggravates em. Anyhu, yesterday I picked up another half a cube to fill the planter. B had to shovel this and the first pile that I'd dumped onto the drive, into the wheelbarrow and wheel it to the planter, run it up the ramp and empty it. All i had to do was rake it out.
Took the 1.25 cube, a mix of 40% potting mix, 40% compost and 20% small chip pumice plus about .25 of a cube of various top soil and potting mix we had laying about to fill it..
Still yet to put the last bitvof trellis on but it's good to go..
The passionfruit vine finally has a home! Hopefully this one flourishes as the other has not. This weekend b has promised to get the flowers out of my big pots and into that garden.. we shall see...
20251014_190325.webp
20251014_190314.webp
 
Can't sleep coz of shoulder pain..
Day before yesterday I shoveled .75 of a cube of dirt off the trailer and half a cube of gravel offa another. Not a huge amount but it's a job, along with digging, that really aggravates em. Anyhu, yesterday I picked up another half a cube to fill the planter. B had to shovel this and the first pile that I'd dumped onto the drive, into the wheelbarrow and wheel it to the planter, run it up the ramp and empty it. All i had to do was rake it out.
Took the 1.25 cube, a mix of 40% potting mix, 40% compost and 20% small chip pumice plus about .25 of a cube of various top soil and potting mix we had laying about to fill it..
Still yet to put the last bitvof trellis on but it's good to go..
The passionfruit vine finally has a home! Hopefully this one flourishes as the other has not. This weekend b has promised to get the flowers out of my big pots and into that garden.. we shall see...
View attachment 148939View attachment 148940
Good move pretending your shoulder was bad so B had to do the shovelling :)(y)
 
Back
Top Bottom