My empire of dirt...

You've made a great job of the 'en 'us it seems a pity to put those birds in it to shit all over the place.
Yea it does.. Hopefully the deep litter method works as it should and just requires raking every few weeks and changing out yearly.. the concrete feed area will be easy to wash it's just the branches and the piles that will get caked in shit so I guess we just change em when they are too crusty...
 
Yea it does.. Hopefully the deep litter method works as it should and just requires raking every few weeks and changing out yearly.. the concrete feed area will be easy to wash it's just the branches and the piles that will get caked in shit so I guess we just change em when they are too crusty...
Do the chickens need digital id cards? (Asking for a friend….)
 
Done some more in the coop, put in some more branches that we found in the grounds at b's work. Put a few in more permanently in the roosting box.
B has planted out a few baskets.
Gunna put some pavers out the front and maybe some planters as b has taken over all my big pots for my cherry tomatoes with fucken flowers and they must go .
20250928_112704.webp
20250928_112709.webp
20250928_112725.webp
20250928_125119.webp
20250928_125126.webp
 
And a pic with the lawn mowed!!!
Ain't been done in maybe 6 weeks..
Too wet and also the mower had a fucked throttle cable and i just could not be arsed even looking at it. Fortunately I bought the mower of a mate who's hobbie is buying fucked mowers and fixing en up. That pretty much gives me a life time warranty with the thing I believe so I dropped it at his at 11am yesterday, did shopping, picked up chickens and then collected the mower on the way home at 3. He wasn't quite finished so I had to drink some of his beer while I waited.
It was terrible...
Anyhu, the place is much nicer with the lawn done... just the front to go..
20250928_172603.webp
20250928_173622.webp
 
And a pic with the lawn mowed!!!
Ain't been done in maybe 6 weeks..
Too wet and also the mower had a fucked throttle cable and i just could not be arsed even looking at it. Fortunately I bought the mower of a mate who's hobbie is buying fucked mowers and fixing en up. That pretty much gives me a life time warranty with the thing I believe so I dropped it at his at 11am yesterday, did shopping, picked up chickens and then collected the mower on the way home at 3. He wasn't quite finished so I had to drink some of his beer while I waited.
It was terrible...
Anyhu, the place is much nicer with the lawn done... just the front to go..
View attachment 147455View attachment 147456
As I keep saying Chiz, B is so lucky having you….
 
Now the coop is largely completed it's time to focus on the house again. Over the last 2 evenings I've got the facias and scribers done around the window, replaced a scriber i had to mash off the patio doors and done one corner detail. I've also started insulating and boarding the bedroom wall.
I'm just laying out the laminate flooring on the deck as the cork backing is a Lil damp on most of it. It's supposed to be a sunny day so if it's dry when I get in I will start laying it.
Still lots to do in the bedroom , painting, ceiling paneling, wardrobe doors ect but I'll just cover the flooring up. I need it in to get skirts and door architraves on and it finally gets the pile off the deck..
Few pics then off to work.
20251001_074043.webp
20251001_074111.webp
20251001_075822.webp
20251001_075826.webp
20251001_081527.webp
IMG-20251001-WA0000.webp
 
Now the coop is largely completed it's time to focus on the house again. Over the last 2 evenings I've got the facias and scribers done around the window, replaced a scriber i had to mash off the patio doors and done one corner detail. I've also started insulating and boarding the bedroom wall.
I'm just laying out the laminate flooring on the deck as the cork backing is a Lil damp on most of it. It's supposed to be a sunny day so if it's dry when I get in I will start laying it.
Still lots to do in the bedroom , painting, ceiling paneling, wardrobe doors ect but I'll just cover the flooring up. I need it in to get skirts and door architraves on and it finally gets the pile off the deck..
Few pics then off to work.
View attachment 147696View attachment 147697View attachment 147698View attachment 147699View attachment 147700View attachment 147701
What the fuck is that sheep doing?
 
Another big day... got home from work at 3pm and all the flooring was nicely dried out so i set about clearing the room, stacking the timber into piles accorfing to color, setting up tools and cracking a beer... at 7 B was home from the hair dressers and i had nearly finished the flooring...i tried to give it the big push and get it finished but my back was killing me and i was hungry so i gave up with 3 rows of boards to go..
Not a bad effort. What tears the arse out of it is all the moving of shit, cleaning up and setting up/ packing up of tools. I could smash a room that size in 2 hours if it weren't for all that... anyhu its nearly there.. got a funeral to go to at 10.30 in the morning so I'll get the last few boards in befor then and if I ain't too pissed after, I'll get on with skirting and stuff...

20251001_191724.webp
20251001_191734.webp
20251001_191745.webp
 
Had my niece and her hubby over on Saturday night and b is mad about the place being as presentable as possible when we have visitors so I was very busy in the evenings last week .
Made a new incinerator as the old one had rusted through and collapsed, it done well though, got 18 months out of it... burnt all the old weatherboards and framing the was laying in the front yard plus a load timber flooring that I was foolishly hanging onto, it's riddled with borer so that went. Got last of flooring in bedroom done and skirts on and most of the architrave on the window before I ran out of wood. Gave away another set of windows and 2 doors..

With the timber all used up and window and doors gone we now had a chance to clean up the deck a bit, we've not had full access to it since about 2 weeks after we moved in. It's a good size space when not covered in building materials. I'm gunna do a rejig of the stuff in the lean too and see if I can't start storing more stuff out there..
With all that done I when to town at 7 on Sat morning and bought some more pots as it has become apparent that b has no intention of taking the flowers out of the other ones.
So now my tomatoes are all planted out and the place is looking good.
Today I only have a few hours paid work so I'm off to get the timber for the paneling details on the ceiling and the wardrobe door frame. When that's done it's just decorating in there and it's finished!!!!
Couple of pics...
20251003_085427.webp
20251005_094134.webp
20251005_094138.webp
20251005_094156.webp
20251006_075146.webp
 
The chickens have now learned how to get themselves to bed at night and up in the morning and how to get up onto the high branches and love it up there.
I bought a square edged garden hoe for scraping the shit of the concrete pad and that works well, only takes a few mins so that will be a weekly sat morning job. The lil pile of shit will be spread around plants.
Gunna make or get some pavers for out the front of the coop and to make a path out there..
 
Got side tracked again..b wanted a planter built.. well, i did so she can put her fucken flowers in there and i get my pots back.. I bought some more pots last week but not enough and her flowers are where I put my pots.. anyhu, i decide to make her a little planter.. its 4000x 1000x 400 deep.
That should keep her entertained!
Only took about 5 hours to build, will take a few more to concrete it in and fill..
Flowers will go along the back and my onions , garlic and other stuff along the front.
I've pre built it and will need a few mates to help move it into place tomorrow. The back and one end will be inaccessible once in situ so kinda had to do it that way.

IMG-20251011-WA0000.webp
IMG-20251011-WA0006.webp
IMG-20251011-WA0008.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom