Watch Thread

Seems a reasonable price in these mad times:-

Rolex Mens Watch
£3,000
Listed a week ago in Huddersfield, England

Cash Converters

Details




​

  • Condition
    Used – like new
Rolex Mens Watch Air King Boxed With Warranty

1647129418703.webp


1647129443232.webp


 
Just curious Ron, with this stuff in Cash Convertors and on FB marketplace how does one know it’s a) genuine and not fake and b) not stolen 🤔

I used to work for a similar company to Cash Converters called "Cash Generators". Basically, as a business they cannot sell any counterfeit/fake items, so therefore have to check everything before selling it.

If they sell you a stolen watch, you get your money back.

The Huddersfield branch of CG bought a fake Rolex (unknowingly - a sale carried out by an assistant) and once it was discovered, it was left in the safe for years as they couldn't sell it.

With private sellers, it's "Caveat Emptor" I'm afraid and you must do your own research.
 
I've been looking at them as you mentioned it ron and some of those on sale and are reviewed between the original and fake ones are frightening ones. I don't mean the 20 dollar ones from one site but those you can spend £300 - £500
 
I've been looking at them as you mentioned it ron and some of those on sale and are reviewed between the original and fake ones are frightening ones. I don't mean the 20 dollar ones from one site but those you can spend £300 - £500

Lots of forums and guidance around


 
High Street Pawnbrokers can have reasonably priced higher-end (not replica) watches and if you consider that they are probably making 100% on what they paid for the watch (of course there is vat/overheads) they are usually open to offers.

I have a 1980s Oysterdate bought from Moneyshop about 5-6 years ago when they were open and doing pawnbroking. I was working for them at the time, so got a 25% discount. No box or papers but it was for sale at £1800. I paid £1300 and found it wouldn't work. I took it back, they serviced and fixed it free, and I now wear it everyday. On EBay they are advertised at around £4k now.

The Jubilee bracelet failed a few months ago, and a re-build starts at £200, or a used bracelet maybe £700-800. New bracelet maybe £1400-1500. So it's now on a black leather strap which cost £18 :(


rolex.jpg
 
Zero West are making a name for themselves in the watch world. I'm seriously considering one of these. (y)

Even if you are not into watches, this is a great short video.


 
Looks reasonable and being sold by a dealer on F/B Marketplace

MENS GENUINE TAG HEUER WATCH MODEL WAZ1121.BB0879 RRP £1750
£950 · In stock
Listed in Preston, England

1647895030508.webp


1647895064318.webp


1647895089103.webp


1647895106560.webp


1647895122668.webp


1647895144192.webp




Details​

  • Condition
    New
  • Material
    Stainless steel
  • Brand
    TAG
MENS BRAND NEW TAG WATCH MODEL WAZ1121.BB0879 PRICE £950 COMES BOXED WITH TAGS AND INSTRUCTION BOOKLET THE WATCH IS GENUINE AND AUTHENTIC CHECK PIC 3.BUT NOTE THERE IS NO WARRANTY CARD OR WARRANTY WITH THE WATCH STRICTLY NO TIMEWASTERS AND STUPID OFFERS WILL BE IGNORED CAN POST SIGNED FOR £5.99 PAYMENT BY BANK TRANSFER OR PAYPAL ALSO CAN BE VIEWED AND PICKED UP FROM MY SHOP IN ACCRINGTON. OTHER MODELS AVAILABLE CALL [hidden information]
 
Looks like a decent watch on F/B Marketplace - If I was looking for another, I'd offer him £2150

Tudor Pepsi as new
£2,400
Listed 5 weeks ago in
Knottingley, England

1647982408547.webp


1647982434151.webp


1647982453002.webp


1647982470677.webp



1647982490099.webp


1647982513680.webp


1647982535032.webp


1647982555997.webp

Details​

  • Condition
    Used – like new
Tudor Pepsi full set most stickers on complete with everything on a crafter blue silicone strap list price is £3000 collection from WF11
 
looks like a good buy on f/b marketplace

Tissot Couturier Mens Watch - Excellent condition with box, worn once
£375£395


Listed a day ago in Sheffield, England

1648038468853.webp


1648038486399.webp



1648038501315.webp


1648038524251.webp







Details​

  • Condition
    Used – like new
  • Material
    Leather
  • Band colour
    Brown
Purchased from Goldsmiths. Still retails at £725.00 A sleek silver dial complete with chronograph is accented with a brown leather strap. A Swiss automatic movement provides the power. Excellent condition Comes with box and pillow Collection only from Sheffield, no posting
 
Back
Top Bottom