Watch Thread

I'll post a link when I can get to a pc.
RUSSIA has impounded/confiscated a load of very expensive Swiss watches in retaliation for sanctions.
 
One for the Omega boys (on F/B Marketplace)

Mens watch
£3,450
Listed 3 hours ago in Halifax, England


1648502011549.webp


1648502032165.webp



1648502048640.webp


1648502064627.webp


1648502089575.webp

Details​

  • Condition
    Used – like new
Mens omega moonwalk professional watch
 
some dealer on f/b trying to sell a Rolex Milgauss for £14k - my son bought one new 6 years ago for £5500

Rolex Milgauss
£14,000 · In stock
Listed in Sheffield, England

View attachment 44430


View attachment 44431






Details​

  • Condition
    New
Rolex milagaus blue dial Ref:116400GV 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣1️⃣ 📦 &💳 £1️⃣4️⃣,0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣

Crazy Ron. I paid £5,100 for mine in 2011, and the price never moved for about 8 years. Lately all Rolex are going stoopid. :oops:

Chrono 24 is full of speculators, but check out the price tracking.

Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 14.10.32.webp
 
A reduced Oris Williams at a decent price on F/B Marketplace

Oris Williams chronograph
£1,000
Listed a day ago in Leeds, England


1649887331130.webp



1649887364256.webp


1649887393204.webp


1649887412412.webp


1649887431410.webp


1649887452183.webp





1649887478747.webp




Details​

  • Condition
    Used – like new
  • Brand
    Oris
The watch comes in very good condition (please see photos) with extra stainless steel strap, any questions please message me 👍..... Just reduced the price by £200 please don't send me offers because this my bottom price and it's a crazy price 😘




Leeds, England
Location is approximate

Seller information​


Seller details


Stephen Farrell
 
OK.... I watched this YouTube and now I'm into getting a nice old watch.... fascinating.

Some advice for a newbie... please be gentle.
Something I could wear occasionally, but may appreciate in value or at least I won't loose on it.

 
I've got silly big wrist, from lifting heavy weights all my life +7.5cm diameter, so +23.5cm total band size.
10" would be good, something to grow into.
2022-04-30 16.42.11.webp
 
10 Large, may be more?
Submariner or GMT.

Lots of posts on forums over the last few weeks about people getting the call from AD’s so things may be getting a little better.
If you do go that route, get yourself on as many wait lists as you can, this is best done in person.




r/rolex - Yet another "got the call" post, but I'm stoked!


 
Last edited:
Rolex have always been easily re-sellable. So have Omega.

If I was spending several thousand, I'd be looking at buying from a dealer/pawnbroker/jewellers unless you're confident that the watch is genuine - you could buy private but insist on getting it checked by a pro before cash changes hands.

Pawnbrokers have websites and work on charging 100% more than they paid for it, so there is room to haggle.

You must get the associated box/invoices/warrenty booklets etc that come with an expensive watch.
 
Some advice for a newbie... please be gentle.
Something I could wear occasionally, but may appreciate in value or at least I won't loose on it.
I was gonna say Omega or Panerai but now knowing your budget you could also go Rolex. Go to somewhere like Watches of Switzerland on bond St and try a few on, also go to all the 2nd hand dealers in Burlington Arcade and look at some of the vintage ones and not so vintage ones in the flesh.
 
OK.... I watched this YouTube and now I'm into getting a nice old watch.... fascinating.

Some advice for a newbie... please be gentle.
Something I could wear occasionally, but may appreciate in value or at least I won't loose on it.


Buy what you like the look of. Yeah, do some homework and don't buy a watch you'll blow your brains in, on. But apart from Rolex, at that price point, every other brand, you'll take a hit when you walk out of the store.

You can't buy a Rolex from a dealer anyway, but I think they will be too small for your wrist. I'm always surprised how small a Submariner is in the flesh. I certainly wouldn't be paying the premium commanded on the used market.

Me....I'd probably look at an Omega Speedmaster or Seamaster. My Seamaster 300M automatic is a 1999 model, 23 years old, never serviced and doesn't miss a beat. (y)

$(KGrHqV,!i8FCzy8ojclBQu0b55Orw~~60_12.webp



 
Last edited:
Buy what you like the look of. Yeah, do some homework and don't buy a watch you'll blow your brains in, on. But apart from Rolex, at that price point, every other brand, you'll take a hit when you walk out of the store.

You can't buy a Rolex from a dealer anyway, but I think they will be too small for your wrist. I'm always surprised how small a Submariner is in the flesh. I certainly wouldn't be paying the premium commanded on the used market.

Me....I'd probably look at an Omega Speedmaster or Seamaster. My Seamaster 300M automatic is a 1999 model, 23 years old, never serviced and doesn't miss a beat. (y)

View attachment 47222


and, in relation to the size issue, Panerai do some enormous case sizes to which your wrist may be better suited than, say, a Rolex.
 
I've got silly big wrist, from lifting heavy weights all my life +7.5cm diameter, so +23.5cm total band size.
10" would be good, something to grow into.
View attachment 47207
Is that a genuine Snap On watch, or a Middle of Lidl copy? Either way it looks quite impractical and what time is 74:73 o’clock?

Top marks to whoever sold it as a timepiece though!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom