Yep. It's called orogeny. Surface deformation caused by tectonic convergence. Ie. two tectonic plates smashing into each other and neither giving way so the earth's surface rises where they meet and mountains ranges are formed.
Yep. It's called orogeny. Surface deformation caused by tectonic convergence. Ie. two tectonic plates smashing into each other and neither giving way so the earth's surface rises where they meet and mountains ranges are formed.
As opposed to tectonic subduction where one of the colliding tectonic plates slides under the other causing a fissure in the earth's mantle which produces an earthquake and volcano zone.
No geologists were harmed in providing this information.
Is there a tax I can pay to put an end to that kind of wanton destruction? It has to be stopped.
Fortunately Britain is in the middle of the North Atlantic plate nowhere near a subduction or compression zone so we should be due an enormous tax refund. Someone tell Sir Queer Balmpot to get writing the cheques.Is there a tax I can pay to put an end to that kind of wanton destruction? It has to be stopped.
Were you per chance in a past life a geography teacher with an olive colour corduroy jacket & black pvc elbow patches ?Yep. It's called orogeny. Surface deformation caused by tectonic convergence. Ie. two tectonic plates smashing into each other and neither giving way so the earth's surface rises where they meet and mountains ranges are formed.
As opposed to tectonic subduction where one of the colliding tectonic plates slides under the other causing a fissure in the earth's mantle which produces an earthquake and volcano zone.
No geologists were harmed in providing this information.
No I wasn't - as far as I know. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to be one in the next life.Were you per chance in a past life a geography teacher with an olive colour corduroy jacket & black pvc elbow patches ?
I should hope you goose stepped out, Basil Fawlty style.My Geography teacher, Mr Craft, wore corduroy and elbow patches on his jacket.
It genuinely was a uniform for them.
Fun fact - Mr Craft threw me out of his class one time when I suddenly stood up, gave a salute and yelled, "Sieg Heil!"
What? It was funny in those days, the whole class laughed as I was marched out. Good times.
This pre-dated Fawlty Towers, alas.I should hope you goose stepped out, Basil Fawlty style.
I am disappointed. Someone had to Inspire Basil and given the opportunity, you balked. I really was hoping it was you.This pre-dated Fawlty Towers, alas.
I haven't spoken to Cleese since he left the Python TV series.I am disappointed. Someone had to Inspire Basil and given the opportunity, you balked. I really was hoping it was you.
Shame. But you are deffo a Cheese Shop sketch kinda guy!I haven't spoken to Cleese since he left the Python TV series.
I hadn't spoken to him prior to that either but that's not really the point, is it.
That's no excuse.This pre-dated Fawlty Towers, alas.
Someone at my school, who later became my best mate, tore the sleeves off his blazer and rode around the school grounds on his pushbike with apehanger handlebars wearing a German helmet terrorising us younger pupils.My Geography teacher, Mr Craft, wore corduroy and elbow patches on his jacket.
It genuinely was a uniform for them.
Fun fact - Mr Craft threw me out of his class one time when I suddenly stood up, gave a salute and yelled, "Sieg Heil!"
What? It was funny in those days, the whole class laughed as I was marched out. Good times.
Please tell me Slough is near/on a subduction plate?Yep. It's called orogeny. Surface deformation caused by tectonic convergence. Ie. two tectonic plates smashing into each other and neither giving way so the earth's surface rises where they meet and mountains ranges are formed.
As opposed to tectonic subduction where one of the colliding tectonic plates slides under the other causing a fissure in the earth's mantle which produces an earthquake and volcano zone.
No geologists were harmed in providing this information.
I think you will find it is spelled Slow.Please tell me Slough is near/on a subduction plate?
Not 'Sluff'I think you will find it is spelled Slow.
Far too much grip on his plymmysGoing the same way as Biden…maybe it’s a side effect of too much adrenochrome
![]()
2M views · 14K reactions | WATCH: Bill Clinton literally BUMPS into Hillary in NYC and looks COMPLETELY lost. He has absolutely no idea where he is. Just a brutal watch. 🤣 | Ryan Fournier
WATCH: Bill Clinton literally BUMPS into Hillary in NYC and looks COMPLETELY lost. He has absolutely no idea where he is. Just a brutal watch. 🤣www.facebook.com
Stop guiding the fekker and a 5 ton pick up will sort things outFar too much grip on his plymmys![]()
Looks like Hilary thought he was going to bum her ! Couldn’t wait to get away from him…”no, no, don’t do that !”Going the same way as Biden…maybe it’s a side effect of too much adrenochrome
![]()
2M views · 14K reactions | WATCH: Bill Clinton literally BUMPS into Hillary in NYC and looks COMPLETELY lost. He has absolutely no idea where he is. Just a brutal watch. 🤣 | Ryan Fournier
WATCH: Bill Clinton literally BUMPS into Hillary in NYC and looks COMPLETELY lost. He has absolutely no idea where he is. Just a brutal watch. 🤣www.facebook.com
I reckon she'd be more used to pegging himLooks like Hilary thought he was going to bum her ! Couldn’t wait to get away from him…”no, no, don’t do that !”![]()