T.I.L

IMG_1865.webp
 
Yep. It's called orogeny. Surface deformation caused by tectonic convergence. Ie. two tectonic plates smashing into each other and neither giving way so the earth's surface rises where they meet and mountains ranges are formed.

As opposed to tectonic subduction where one of the colliding tectonic plates slides under the other causing a fissure in the earth's mantle which produces an earthquake and volcano zone.

No geologists were harmed in providing this information.
 
Yep. It's called orogeny. Surface deformation caused by tectonic convergence. Ie. two tectonic plates smashing into each other and neither giving way so the earth's surface rises where they meet and mountains ranges are formed.

As opposed to tectonic subduction where one of the colliding tectonic plates slides under the other causing a fissure in the earth's mantle which produces an earthquake and volcano zone.

No geologists were harmed in providing this information.

Is there a tax I can pay to put an end to that kind of wanton destruction? It has to be stopped.
 
Is there a tax I can pay to put an end to that kind of wanton destruction? It has to be stopped.
Fortunately Britain is in the middle of the North Atlantic plate nowhere near a subduction or compression zone so we should be due an enormous tax refund. Someone tell Sir Queer Balmpot to get writing the cheques.
 
Yep. It's called orogeny. Surface deformation caused by tectonic convergence. Ie. two tectonic plates smashing into each other and neither giving way so the earth's surface rises where they meet and mountains ranges are formed.

As opposed to tectonic subduction where one of the colliding tectonic plates slides under the other causing a fissure in the earth's mantle which produces an earthquake and volcano zone.

No geologists were harmed in providing this information.
Were you per chance in a past life a geography teacher with an olive colour corduroy jacket & black pvc elbow patches ?
 
Were you per chance in a past life a geography teacher with an olive colour corduroy jacket & black pvc elbow patches ?
No I wasn't - as far as I know. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to be one in the next life. ☹️ I hate corduroy.

Except when it's tight trousers worn by wimmins...
 
My Geography teacher, Mr Craft, wore corduroy and elbow patches on his jacket.
It genuinely was a uniform for them.

Fun fact - Mr Craft threw me out of his class one time when I suddenly stood up, gave a salute and yelled, "Sieg Heil!"

What? It was funny in those days, the whole class laughed as I was marched out. Good times.
 
My Geography teacher, Mr Craft, wore corduroy and elbow patches on his jacket.
It genuinely was a uniform for them.

Fun fact - Mr Craft threw me out of his class one time when I suddenly stood up, gave a salute and yelled, "Sieg Heil!"

What? It was funny in those days, the whole class laughed as I was marched out. Good times.
I should hope you goose stepped out, Basil Fawlty style.
 
My Geography teacher, Mr Craft, wore corduroy and elbow patches on his jacket.
It genuinely was a uniform for them.

Fun fact - Mr Craft threw me out of his class one time when I suddenly stood up, gave a salute and yelled, "Sieg Heil!"

What? It was funny in those days, the whole class laughed as I was marched out. Good times.
Someone at my school, who later became my best mate, tore the sleeves off his blazer and rode around the school grounds on his pushbike with apehanger handlebars wearing a German helmet terrorising us younger pupils.
He also sparked out the history teacher who we were all terrified of. 😂
I met up with him once I left school as we worked for the same electrical contractor and we were mates for years after and shared flats together for a number of years until he got married.
 
Yep. It's called orogeny. Surface deformation caused by tectonic convergence. Ie. two tectonic plates smashing into each other and neither giving way so the earth's surface rises where they meet and mountains ranges are formed.

As opposed to tectonic subduction where one of the colliding tectonic plates slides under the other causing a fissure in the earth's mantle which produces an earthquake and volcano zone.

No geologists were harmed in providing this information.
Please tell me Slough is near/on a subduction plate?
 
Last edited:
Going the same way as Biden…maybe it’s a side effect of too much adrenochrome

Far too much grip on his plymmys :unsure:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Loz
Going the same way as Biden…maybe it’s a side effect of too much adrenochrome

Looks like Hilary thought he was going to bum her ! Couldn’t wait to get away from him…”no, no, don’t do that !” 🤮
 
  • Useful
Reactions: Dox
Back
Top Bottom