Premium Bonds

Saw this today. Brilliant and I well-recommend it! And back home in the light, so Summer is here!!!

1675358028987.webp
 
I've won £25!!!

said Mr Cyclical:ROFLMAO: :love::LOL:(y)

I've set it to reinvest and now up to £3715!

That is the first time in a lifetime that I have ever won anything

I will keep the little shits for a while, now!
This thread isn’t about Premium Bonds remember 🤔
 
I've won £25!!!

said Mr Cyclical:ROFLMAO: :love::LOL:(y)

I've set it to reinvest and now up to £3715!

That is the first time in a lifetime that I have ever won anything

I will keep the little shits for a while, now!


I think you had the one with my name on it! This is the first month I've got nothing for some time.
 
Nothing this month, and I think I have about £10k in. It would have been 4 months in a row had I got something. :(

They aren't a particularly good investment. But they are very easily accessible to get your money out of within a few days if you want, out of touch enough to not dip into it and you always stand a chance to win something. A slightly better option than keeping cash in a savings account with low interest.

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 01.10.15.png
 
Last edited:
Just checked ours....

"Sorry.... NO luck this time"
The story of my life.... :cautious:
 
I've won £25!!!

said Mr Cyclical:ROFLMAO: :love::LOL:(y)

I've set it to reinvest and now up to £3715!

That is the first time in a lifetime that I have ever won anything

I will keep the little shits for a while, now!
Surely your win is automatically transfers to your loading account?


Just checked ours and "Sorry No Luck this time".... Let’s look on the sunny side, there's always next time. Why not take a look at how March's prizes were won. :mad:
 
With easy access accounts paying 3.2% and above, notice accounts paying over 4% and the Nat West monthly saver paying 6% not to mention P2P , what little I had in Premium Bonds has been withdrawn and is now giving me much better returns every month.
 
Last edited:
Surely your win is automatically transfers to your loading account?


Just checked ours and "Sorry No Luck this time".... Let’s look on the sunny side, there's always next time. Why not take a look at how March's prizes were won. :mad:
No, it is set to buy more. l think that I got an email when I won that poxy £25. As I am not desperate for £25, buying more is just saving with a terrible interest rate to me!
 
The government will only guarantee the first £85,000 in a bank account, and ISA's only take £20,000 a year. You can risk putting some on the stock market and backing it with government bonds, then some into pensions, but what do you do with rest? :rolleyes:
 
The government will only guarantee the first £85,000 in a bank account, and ISA's only take £20,000 a year. You can risk putting some on the stock market and backing it with government bonds, then some into pensions, but what do you do with rest? :rolleyes:
Put in in a suitcase and take it to Dubai.....evidently.
 
I used my ISA allowance to buy shares, and that has just lost money, so not playing anymore. For next Financial year, I looked at just using my ISA allowance to put into savings accounts, but all of the accounts that I looked up, pay terrible interest rates, so not bothering with this shit again. I've got money in four banks/building socs, where I can get at it immediately and it is paying a better interest rate than the ISAs that I looked at. I'm just leaving my stash where it is. I don't pay tax, anyway!
 
The government will only guarantee the first £85,000 in a bank account, and ISA's only take £20,000 a year. You can risk putting some on the stock market and backing it with government bonds, then some into pensions, but what do you do with rest? :rolleyes:
Multiple bank accounts, If you don't need instant access Investec do a 1 year fixed at 4.15%, Zopa smart saver is quite good instant access 3.21% , 30 day notice 3.31% and 90 day notice 3.47% rates are changing almost every month but do seem to be settling down a bit, I won't mention how good rates are with P2P because there's an element of risk yet all I am involved with over many years haven't faulted.
 
Back
Top Bottom