What have you done on your bike today?

Went for a big ride up north today. The weather played fair and although really windy, the day only improved. Was great to catch up with @Karen and friends from Kerikeri, lots of laughs and coffee and pie,
6f5ef3144f6c24ee90038c021b0b4f90.webp
26cda40e2ae891c4a607be41bb4f5272.webp
and I got to have my first ever ride on a Moto Guzzi! Yes, those are my eyebrows in the first pic…
 
Went for a big ride up north today. The weather played fair and although really windy, the day only improved. Was great to catch up with @Karen and friends from Kerikeri, lots of laughs and coffee and pie, View attachment 171729View attachment 171730and I got to have my first ever ride on a Moto Guzzi! Yes, those are my eyebrows in the first pic…
Good work.

Chiz normally only manages to capture his thumb in these sort of pics.
 
I rode to St Neots in Cambridgeshire for breakfast. There were about 40 bikes parked on the market square, no special reason as far as i could tell, just not a bad spot with plenty of places to eat including a pub with a riverside balcony.
I ate here Bohemia St Neots

Excellent choice with some unusual options on the menu. Friendly staff, not too expensive and most importantly everything was delicious, really delicious. It's been added to my list of breakfast venues and well worth a visit if you are in the area.
 
Today after staying in because of a forecast of rain mainly light rain and nothing here at all so i decided to ride up to Tesco!! I bet no one will know what happened, it started fucking raining as i was coming out of Tesco, it's that horrible fine rain and a lot of it. So rode home and it stopped on the way but as i was going into the garage it came down realy heavy. I got away with it so happy with that:), it's meant to be nice tomorrow so will go out for a better run, i hate short journeys, engines don't like it!!:oops:
 
Last edited:
Kind of a good day

1. Washed the car - it needed it. I damaged the rear bumper on it last week and ripped the corner out so cleaned it all up, bought some plastic clips and put it all back together.
2. Fucking hoodie whizzed past on an electric bike with a balaclava on - he was looking to the right before he even got to me so he knew what he was looking for...headed to the top of the road - and im in a cul-de-sac so dead end...called the filth and said if you put a car at the entrance to the road youll catch him...they didnt fucking care - but he knows someone at the top of the road and i think i know who...shit but theyre you go...
3. Back to work....changed dead batteries on a few smart tags despite point number 2.
4. Ultimate Rectifier failed on the SXV and they [UR] were great...they said "just do a video showing us and we'll send another one in the post" so did that.
5. Cleaned the zed.
6. After yesterdays trip out on the RSV it threw a code which was one of the throttle body sensors failing - [same one went about 10 years ago) so got a second hander from a dorsoduro (same as last time)
7. Obligatory hoovering of the house.
8. Nerdy stuff. Replaced RAID controller on one of my backup servers to improve transfer speeds which worked a treat.
9. Chatting with my mate about said hoodie and i think im probably gonna pull the trigger and get a new roller shutter door - he got a Crocodile one (they do 3 years interest free at the moment) which is very appealing...

Anyone recommend a good garage door?
 
Kind of a good day

1. Washed the car - it needed it. I damaged the rear bumper on it last week and ripped the corner out so cleaned it all up, bought some plastic clips and put it all back together.
2. Fucking hoodie whizzed past on an electric bike with a balaclava on - he was looking to the right before he even got to me so he knew what he was looking for...headed to the top of the road - and im in a cul-de-sac so dead end...called the filth and said if you put a car at the entrance to the road youll catch him...they didnt fucking care - but he knows someone at the top of the road and i think i know who...shit but theyre you go...
3. Back to work....changed dead batteries on a few smart tags despite point number 2.
4. Ultimate Rectifier failed on the SXV and they [UR] were great...they said "just do a video showing us and we'll send another one in the post" so did that.
5. Cleaned the zed.
6. After yesterdays trip out on the RSV it threw a code which was one of the throttle body sensors failing - [same one went about 10 years ago) so got a second hander from a dorsoduro (same as last time)
7. Obligatory hoovering of the house.
8. Nerdy stuff. Replaced RAID controller on one of my backup servers to improve transfer speeds which worked a treat.
9. Chatting with my mate about said hoodie and i think im probably gonna pull the trigger and get a new roller shutter door - he got a Crocodile one (they do 3 years interest free at the moment) which is very appealing...

Anyone recommend a good garage door?
Hormann sectional high security door - double sealed and 67mm thick is the best on the market imho 👍


 
Looks great but, my garage is an old 40's built garage...not a straight edge in the place and ive got a shit ton in the roof so as nice as it looks i think ive got a snowballs chance in hell of getting that in there...!!

I like the security video....shaking fist at the Hormann logo on the door.....damn you Hormannnnnnnnn!
 
Looks great but, my garage is an old 40's built garage...not a straight edge in the place and ive got a shit ton in the roof so as nice as it looks i think ive got a snowballs chance in hell of getting that in there...!!
I've had one for a few years now on the front garage and a Hormann roller door on the back garage which is the industry leader evidently but much weaker (although not as flimsy as most roller doors).

They also do a 45mm sectional which is cheaper - sectional are defiantly the most secure - I also chock mine on the top when it's down with a piece of 6x2

Worth checking out - good time to sort your garage out 👀

Prices varied massively between the 2 companies I had quote.
 
I've had one for a few years now on the front garage and a Hormann roller door on the back garage which is the industry leader evidently but much weaker (although not as flimsy as most roller doors).

They also do a 45mm sectional which is cheaper - sectional are defiantly the most secure - I also chock mine on the top when it's down with a piece of 6x2

Worth checking out - good time to sort your garage out 👀

Prices varied massively between the 2 companies I had quote.
They look re-assuringly expensive...
 
I organised one of Ducati Owners Ireland semi-annual weekenders for this weekend. Arrive Friday from all 4 corners of Ireland, big group ride out Saturday, group dinner Sat night, attend a local bike meet Sunday (and boost the numbers) then ride of home.

A fantastic time was had by all, especially as the weather was great, sunny but not too hot. All bar me that was 🙁. I got there Friday, feeling a bit under the weather. Woke up Sat am, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even drink any water as my throat hurt so much and everything felt like swallowing 40 grit sandpaper, though my head was going to explode due to internal pressure in my sinuses and thought I was going to drown in my own snot as it ran down the back of my throat. I was so weak and feeble I couldn’t even get out bed.
Spent all day Saturday in the hotel bed, missed the ride out (which I was supposed to be leading as I’d routed it) missed the group dinner, didn’t feel much better this morning but somehow managed to drag my sorry arse and bike back home this afternoon. What a waste of time & money it was. I didn’t even get a single photograph 😕.

Wayne, you can dram queen me now 🤣
 
I organised one of Ducati Owners Ireland semi-annual weekenders for this weekend. Arrive Friday from all 4 corners of Ireland, big group ride out Saturday, group dinner Sat night, attend a local bike meet Sunday (and boost the numbers) then ride of home.

A fantastic time was had by all, especially as the weather was great, sunny but not too hot. All bar me that was 🙁. I got there Friday, feeling a bit under the weather. Woke up Sat am, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even drink any water as my throat hurt so much and everything felt like swallowing 40 grit sandpaper, though my head was going to explode due to internal pressure in my sinuses and thought I was going to drown in my own snot as it ran down the back of my throat. I was so weak and feeble I couldn’t even get out bed.
Spent all day Saturday in the hotel bed, missed the ride out (which I was supposed to be leading as I’d routed it) missed the group dinner, didn’t feel much better this morning but somehow managed to drag my sorry arse and bike back home this afternoon. What a waste of time & money it was. I didn’t even get a single photograph 😕.

Wayne, you can dram queen me now 🤣

I hope you’re feeling a lot betterer really soon matey.
 
I organised one of Ducati Owners Ireland semi-annual weekenders for this weekend. Arrive Friday from all 4 corners of Ireland, big group ride out Saturday, group dinner Sat night, attend a local bike meet Sunday (and boost the numbers) then ride of home.

A fantastic time was had by all, especially as the weather was great, sunny but not too hot. All bar me that was 🙁. I got there Friday, feeling a bit under the weather. Woke up Sat am, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even drink any water as my throat hurt so much and everything felt like swallowing 40 grit sandpaper, though my head was going to explode due to internal pressure in my sinuses and thought I was going to drown in my own snot as it ran down the back of my throat. I was so weak and feeble I couldn’t even get out bed.
Spent all day Saturday in the hotel bed, missed the ride out (which I was supposed to be leading as I’d routed it) missed the group dinner, didn’t feel much better this morning but somehow managed to drag my sorry arse and bike back home this afternoon. What a waste of time & money it was. I didn’t even get a single photograph 😕.

Wayne, you can dram queen me now 🤣
Sorry that happened, Paul.

I can sympathise. I got the flu on my dream bike tour of France & Switzerland a few years ago, absolutely destroyed any enjoyment of it (and wrecked a friendship when I arrived at a friend's house and spent two days there too sick to get out of bed).
 
I organised one of Ducati Owners Ireland semi-annual weekenders for this weekend. Arrive Friday from all 4 corners of Ireland, big group ride out Saturday, group dinner Sat night, attend a local bike meet Sunday (and boost the numbers) then ride of home.

A fantastic time was had by all, especially as the weather was great, sunny but not too hot. All bar me that was 🙁. I got there Friday, feeling a bit under the weather. Woke up Sat am, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even drink any water as my throat hurt so much and everything felt like swallowing 40 grit sandpaper, though my head was going to explode due to internal pressure in my sinuses and thought I was going to drown in my own snot as it ran down the back of my throat. I was so weak and feeble I couldn’t even get out bed.
Spent all day Saturday in the hotel bed, missed the ride out (which I was supposed to be leading as I’d routed it) missed the group dinner, didn’t feel much better this morning but somehow managed to drag my sorry arse and bike back home this afternoon. What a waste of time & money it was. I didn’t even get a single photograph 😕.

Wayne, you can dram queen me now 🤣
Thanks for the invite 👀.... you know im joking pal sorry you got at dose ... here is something to cheer you up
IMG-20260927-WA0002.webp
20260926_190353.webp
20260926_171525.webp
IMG-20260927-WA0004.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20260926_162946.webp
    20260926_162946.webp
    118.3 KB · Views: 2
I organised one of Ducati Owners Ireland semi-annual weekenders for this weekend. Arrive Friday from all 4 corners of Ireland, big group ride out Saturday, group dinner Sat night, attend a local bike meet Sunday (and boost the numbers) then ride of home.

A fantastic time was had by all, especially as the weather was great, sunny but not too hot. All bar me that was 🙁. I got there Friday, feeling a bit under the weather. Woke up Sat am, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even drink any water as my throat hurt so much and everything felt like swallowing 40 grit sandpaper, though my head was going to explode due to internal pressure in my sinuses and thought I was going to drown in my own snot as it ran down the back of my throat. I was so weak and feeble I couldn’t even get out bed.
Spent all day Saturday in the hotel bed, missed the ride out (which I was supposed to be leading as I’d routed it) missed the group dinner, didn’t feel much better this morning but somehow managed to drag my sorry arse and bike back home this afternoon. What a waste of time & money it was. I didn’t even get a single photograph 😕.

Wayne, you can dram queen me now 🤣

How utterly miserable.
 
Back
Top Bottom