The retirement thread.

Interesting reading; would love to hear more peoples story & perspectives.
I see a few have found a good FA; I don’t use one but have a meeting tomorrow. I had one a few years ago but didn’t hear from him for 5 years. Took some advice on that & claimed enough fees back to renovate our bathroom. Spoke to a few since but just don’t trust them & there fees seem way too high; especially for transfers. Why the heck do they deserve anything for that!!
Mine charges 0.5% which is ok I guess until the value drops in a crash :mad: but generally it goes up after yoyoing so not so bad, very near an all time high at the moment 👀 crash incoming.

I transfer £20k lump sums into my pension as a Director Pension Contribution to stop getting Corporate Income Tax and immediately transfer 25% of that tax free to me 😇 and my FA doesn't charge for that.

My current investment level is medium to slightly risky and he's instructed to invest in anything with no Woke restrictions.

I was going to start drawing down £50k a year (minus what my holiday let makes so I don't get stung for over 20% tax) from 2028 after giving my business to my eldest daughter at the end of next year and then re asses when I get my state pension in 5 years time.

An Annuity takes into account 30 years currently when checking and only pays a measly amount in comparison.

I have 6 monthly visits and extra visits if transferring money in.
 
Since I don't work a regular job anymore people like to say to me "oh, you're retired." It's like saying that I have lots of spare time and sit around all day. That is so far from the truth. I tell them that Retirement is simply a different job title. Like @Robarano said, I don't know how I found time to go to work. Same for me. My brother is in the same boat. We both have more to do than time to get it all done.
Paul and I have had financial advisors for many years. They were a gamechanger for us. We view and handle our finances much differently/more thoughtfully than before. When Paul became a business owner we were better prepared. That has been a huge factor in it becoming successful. Neither one of us had parents as good role models in money management. We had to figure it out ourselves. Our kids seem to have benefited too as they are also doing well for themselves.
 
Back
Top Bottom