T.I.L

TIL

Churchill was a bricklayer - Here he is building a wall on his estate, Chartwell, Kent, 1928

1762468224901.webp
 
TIL, well, came to a realisation really, of something I had suspected - that there are only two important phases in my existence.

My life before owning a decent backscratcher.
My life after I purchased a decent backscratcher.

Some of you appalling examples of who-knows-what here in the Community could learn an essential life lesson from this and thus at long last become acceptable human beings, worthy of associating with decent folk.

Just a suggestion, I ain't your Boss or your Dad.
 
TIL, well, came to a realisation really, of something I had suspected - that there are only two important phases in my existence.

My life before owning a decent backscratcher.
My life after I purchased a decent backscratcher.

Some of you appalling examples of who-knows-what here in the Community could learn an essential life lesson from this and thus at long last become acceptable human beings, worthy of associating with decent folk.

Just a suggestion, I ain't your Boss or your Dad.
You got married?
 
You got married?
Why do you constantly talk to the many members who have you on ignore you stupid Guinness 🤣 while reading all the posts of those you pretend to have on ignore 😇 funny how those you supposedly do have on ignore for the last 3 years are mentioned daily in your posts - are we living rent free in your feeble lil mind 🧠 👀
 
T.I.L. My driving licence runs out on the 31st December 2025 but I got a reminder today. If done online it costs £14 and you're supposed to get your new one within a week. You will need a valid passport where they copy your photograph to use on the driving licence

If done by post it costs £21.50 and takes around 3 weeks.You will need to take your current licence card in, fill in the drivers licence form and have your picture taken at the post office. They then send it off for you.

I did find this though

 
T.I.L. My driving licence runs out on the 31st December 2025 but I got a reminder today. If done online it costs £14 and you're supposed to get your new one within a week. You will need a valid passport where they copy your photograph to use on the driving licence

If done by post it costs £21.50 and takes around 3 weeks.You will need to take your current licence card in, fill in the drivers licence form and have your picture taken at the post office. They then send it off for you.

I did find this though

I did the old man’s renewal recently, he has to do it every 3 years. I did it online, he hasn’t got a passport and he got the new one within a week.
I think the article you linked is nonsense Noobs.
Much like everything else you post……
 
I did the old man’s renewal recently, he has to do it every 3 years. I did it online, he hasn’t got a passport and he got the new one within a week.
I think the article you linked is nonsense Noobs.
Much like everything else you post……

Then I can advise you sir, given your age being born in 1857, then your older your pop's requirement for a passport to copy the photograph, would not have been necessary as his licence is 3 years and not the 10 years quoted for us younglings.

The article I linked was one of many that mentioned a change based on age and a link to show just how many

I did however phone dvla this lunch time and asked about the renewal form quoting 10 years as per norm but then the multiple amounts of information showing reduced to 5 years for those 62 and over. The lovely lady said the form is correct.

I on the other hand enjoy your posts as part of my ancient scripts in history studies :p
 
I worked with a guy who had 2 of them 🙄 the first one was maroon and shit - the dipstick was covered in sludge like it was a sex doll, the second one was blue and shit, the first night he gave me a lift home in it the wipers packed in - I couldn't stop laughing at the twat 🤣🤣🤣
Mine was fostered on to me as a company car, only had it about 7 weeks (from new)... in the garage more than a dozen times... luckily it was written off by an unattentive driver retuning his car stereo.... I was so glad it was destroyed.
 
Way back then, I worked for ASDA for five years visiting around 55 stores four times a year.

Store Managers got a new Montego as their company car.

The store manager at Nottingham (another Ron) sent a warehouse operative in his six week old car, to a local DIY retailer for a 5 litre can of rubberised yellow paint, so that "Double Yellow" lines could be painted on the access road just outside his ground floor office - lorries parked up and awaiting a slot to enter the store warehouse were blocking his daylight.

The bloke returned and during the journey, the can of paint (stored unsecured on the passenger seat) had flown off the seat when he braked, hit the dashboard, the lid popped off, and 5 litres of bright yellow rubberised paint was swilling around the passenger floor well, the seat, the windscreen and some of the dashboard controls.

A couple of lads were trowelling the stuff out of the car.
 
Back
Top Bottom