Pet's Corner

1787764992306.webp
 
My wife has a friend who has a mad Pointer called Hugo.
It goes on long Women's Institute walks with our dog Lucy.
Last month it got off the lead and ran to a picnicking family, wolfing down their lunch (laid out on the ground on a tartan blanket)
My sister's ex, patch, had a big up mad arse german shepherd called septic.
Septic's party trick at the beach was to eat terified family's picnics then piss on their blankets.
Great dog.
He chased me once for about 200 mtrs, i was on a lil yamaha, he was on paws and had a large wooden kennel in tow. The kennel didnt slow him down much at all...
 
Had a lil sparrow turn up this morning and spend the whole day with us . The old mirror cupboard thing is on the deck waiting to be thrown away and this lil bird spent the day playing with it. It wasnt scared of us at all and i nearly got to pat it but it wasnt quite up for that (bit like my b tonight... but thats another story).
20260906_123034.webp
20260906_123004.webp
 
My little Yorkie girl is having quite an issue. Every year, about this time, she gets incredibly itchy. She gets so bad that I have gone entire nights without sleep because she is so uncomfortable that she cant stop biting and scratching and since I am her Alpha, she comes to me for help. We have taken her to the vet and she has meds but they dont seem to help much in this situation. The Vet seems to think its some form of yeast infection on her skin and we are looking for something to give her some relief from what appears to be torture. I have resored to putting Lidocaine(a pain reliever made from cocaine) on her which does help her and I sleep but I am worried as I dont know if this will have and bad effects for her. She is 12 anf has diabetis but is otherwise very health. We have her on a special strict diet so food allergy is unlikely and food would not cause a seasonal problem.
 
My little Yorkie girl is having quite an issue. Every year, about this time, she gets incredibly itchy. She gets so bad that I have gone entire nights without sleep because she is so uncomfortable that she cant stop biting and scratching and since I am her Alpha, she comes to me for help. We have taken her to the vet and she has meds but they dont seem to help much in this situation. The Vet seems to think its some form of yeast infection on her skin and we are looking for something to give her some relief from what appears to be torture. I have resored to putting Lidocaine(a pain reliever made from cocaine) on her which does help her and I sleep but I am worried as I dont know if this will have and bad effects for her. She is 12 anf has diabetis but is otherwise very health. We have her on a special strict diet so food allergy is unlikely and food would not cause a seasonal problem.

Our GSD had a skin problem and lost a fair bit of fur on her back and tail. No luck with vets or different diets.

We used one of the Nutripaw products, ‘itch-free’ I think they are called.

Worked well and she hasn’t had a problem since.
 
My little Yorkie girl is having quite an issue. Every year, about this time, she gets incredibly itchy. She gets so bad that I have gone entire nights without sleep because she is so uncomfortable that she cant stop biting and scratching and since I am her Alpha, she comes to me for help. We have taken her to the vet and she has meds but they dont seem to help much in this situation. The Vet seems to think its some form of yeast infection on her skin and we are looking for something to give her some relief from what appears to be torture. I have resored to putting Lidocaine(a pain reliever made from cocaine) on her which does help her and I sleep but I am worried as I dont know if this will have and bad effects for her. She is 12 anf has diabetis but is otherwise very health. We have her on a special strict diet so food allergy is unlikely and
Sounds like what my lil staffy had. That was a grass allergy. His belly would fkare up with a rash every spring and despite my gf at the time being a vet nurse and many trips to many vets, it went undiagnosed till one vet said grass allergy. 1 pill of grass pollen at the start of spring cured him.
 
My little Yorkie girl is having quite an issue. Every year, about this time, she gets incredibly itchy. She gets so bad that I have gone entire nights without sleep because she is so uncomfortable that she cant stop biting and scratching and since I am her Alpha, she comes to me for help. We have taken her to the vet and she has meds but they dont seem to help much in this situation. The Vet seems to think its some form of yeast infection on her skin and we are looking for something to give her some relief from what appears to be torture. I have resored to putting Lidocaine(a pain reliever made from cocaine) on her which does help her and I sleep but I am worried as I dont know if this will have and bad effects for her. She is 12 anf has diabetis but is otherwise very health. We have her on a special strict diet so food allergy is unlikely and food would not cause a seasonal problem.
Have you tried a grain free diet? What’s she on for the diabetes - yeast loves sugar!
 
She is on a strict diet of Hydrolized food(very expensive) and we give her treats of carrots or blue berries, nothing else and it helped a little but she is still having a very bad time right now.
Have you tried a grain free diet? What’s she on for the diabetes - yeast loves sugar!
 
Back
Top Bottom