Current thoughts on insurance

Fight the streets Fmd

Elite Member
Subscriber
So who is happy with which company please? I used LV for years , good price, never had a claim, however they have stopped the insurance of motorcycles which must affect many thousands of people, they do not do any renewals on old policies either, so not just stopped to take on new ones🤷🏻‍♂️😡
 
I'm with Hastings Direct for the 1098R Bayliss @ £221
Bikesure with the Tesi @ £362
Bennetts with the R1 @ £88

LV with the Van for years, never seem to hike it each year and 50% cheaper this year than the closest on Compare the Market which has never happened before :oops:

Not sure what any of them are like generally other than the price.
 
I'm with Hastings Direct for the 1098R Bayliss @ £221
Bikesure with the Tesi @ £362
Bennetts with the R1 @ £88

LV with the Van for years, never seem to hike it each year and 50% cheaper this year than the closest on Compare the Market which has never happened before :oops:

Not sure what any of them are like generally other than the price.

🤔 Yeah, but you're 137 years old and live in The Shire. 👀
 
I'm with Hastings Direct for the 1098R Bayliss @ £221
Bikesure with the Tesi @ £362
Bennetts with the R1 @ £88

LV with the Van for years, never seem to hike it each year and 50% cheaper this year than the closest on Compare the Market which has never happened before :oops:

Not sure what any of them are like generally other than the price.
Thanks , will check those out, royal pita that LV has pulled out of the market
 
The Panzer and 666 are on a Bemoto mirrored policy. I can’t exactly how much but it’s in the region of £150 for The Panzer and £100 for 666.
 
I'm with Hastings Direct for the 1098R Bayliss @ £221
Bikesure with the Tesi @ £362
Bennetts with the R1 @ £88

LV with the Van for years, never seem to hike it each year and 50% cheaper this year than the closest on Compare the Market which has never happened before :oops:

Not sure what any of them are like generally other than the price.

Bike insurance is pretty cheap when they ask "How often do you ride Sir?" and Exi replies "Never, don't know how to".
 
Bike insurance is pretty cheap when they ask "How often do you ride Sir?" and Exi replies "Never, don't know how to".
Are you getting me mixed up with AC and the Noobster perhaps?🤔

You wouldn't get insurance with your record of falling off: oh corner, 5 degrees lean, panic and down you go - and my god you're one ugly slow snail 🤪










Eversnail 2.webp
 
Hastings are scum and I hope to take them to the cleaners soon.

I'm with Carole just for the KTM. My Ducatis are SORNED and not insured with any money-grabber ATM!
 
Just had a quote for fully comp on my Husky 450FE €800 ouch! Ended up at €157 tpo (99% off road, only ride on tarmac 3km to the petrol station) insurance is very expensive in Spain
 
USAA, I pay way too much. My 1st moto insurance was $125 a year, I'm paying 10X that now with a clean record and 0 claims.
 
Took a while to find this thread as it wasn't in the insurance section 🤪 maybe @The GOAT can move it if he/she/it is not too busy grazing :unsure:

Having had my renewal through for the R1 at a 95% increase from last year (now with 1 year no claims) I have ditched Bennetts and added it to the Bimota Insurance (full no claims) with Bike Sure at an additional £115.00

Last year it was cheaper to have 2 new separate policies for the R1 and Bayliss 🤷‍♂️ and I was going to build up no claims on separate policies.

Will probably keep the Bayliss separate when it's due to build up another policy with no claims.
 
I went with Carole Bash after my last company bailed out of bike insurance. Next time, I will probaly renew elsewhere, so interested in this post. I didn't take kindly to their reaction when I told them that the KTM wasn't in the garage overnight. I expected to pay a bit more, and would have happily, but their reaction was no worse than if I told them that the World was ending that very afternoon. Having the temerity to leave the, what, value of £3000? , bike out side makes me uninsurable.

The fact that I am a customer who pays them money counted for shit. Just another pain in the arse bothering them . . . . .
 
Just renewed mine with bikesure -£250 including Europe breakdown and a couple of bolt ons

There is always someone to speak to on the phone but I’ve never needed to claim
+1 for Bikesure. Good prices and easy to speak to a UK based employee on the phone.
 
Just insured with Devitt, cheapest on MCN compare by far, £72 for basic but added legal plus breakdown and compared with others with the same add ons still the cheapest, in my opinion they are all a bunch of crooks , so it doesn’t really matter who you go with, as plenty have found out, if you have a need to use them then they always do their utmost to run away from their responsibilities 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Just insured with Devitt, cheapest on MCN compare by far, £72 for basic but added legal plus breakdown and compared with others with the same add ons still the cheapest, in my opinion they are all a bunch of crooks , so it doesn’t really matter who you go with, as plenty have found out, if you have a need to use them then they always do their utmost to run away from their responsibilities 🤷🏻‍♂️
Isn’t the breakdown useless as they are unlikely to fix at road side and won’t recover you to home, just the nearest garage/bike shop which is likely to be closed.
 
Isn’t the breakdown useless as they are unlikely to fix at road side and won’t recover you to home, just the nearest garage/bike shop which is likely to be closed.
I hope I don’t need it, but any help is better then no help, I haven’t even read the T and C on it as the difference in premium was tiny, I think devitt comes with RAC recovery, so they don’t recover you home ?
Surely they don’t dump you in front of a closed Ducati dealership on a Sunday lol😆
 
I hope I don’t need it, but any help is better then no help, I haven’t even read the T and C on it as the difference in premium was tiny, I think devitt comes with RAC recovery, so they don’t recover you home ?
Surely they don’t dump you in front of a closed Ducati dealership on a Sunday lol😆
It would be wise to know beforehand - but nearest garage won't likely be a Ducati Dealer :oops:
 
It would be wise to know beforehand - but nearest garage won't likely be a Ducati Dealer :oops:
That’s the problem with insurance companies, they never offer you all the information off hand, that’s why I requested paper versions of everything so I have an overview, apparently there is 4 levels of cover, so I adjust if needed.👍
 
Took a while to find this thread as it wasn't in the insurance section 🤪 maybe @The GOAT can move it if he/she/it is not too busy grazing :unsure:

Having had my renewal through for the R1 at a 95% increase from last year (now with 1 year no claims) I have ditched Bennetts and added it to the Bimota Insurance (full no claims) with Bike Sure at an additional £115.00

Last year it was cheaper to have 2 new separate policies for the R1 and Bayliss 🤷‍♂️ and I was going to build up no claims on separate policies.

Will probably keep the Bayliss separate when it's due to build up another policy with no claims.
Following on from the above (my R1 insurance nearly doubling this year) I was dreading the 1098R insurance coming through: it came into my inbox today @ £200 which is down from £221 last year 🥳
 
Following on from the above (my R1 insurance nearly doubling this year) I was dreading the 1098R insurance coming through: it came into my inbox today @ £200 which is down from £221 last year 🥳
That's the difference between indoor and outdoor bikes, I guess.

I assume you're leasing out the R1 again this year? It's good it gets a chance to "stretch its legs".
 
Isn’t the breakdown useless as they are unlikely to fix at road side and won’t recover you to home, just the nearest garage/bike shop which is likely to be closed.
Not so ive needed recovery twice in recent years. Once when I had an off on the Multi and once when me Kwak broke. Both times recovered to home.

Grove and Dean recovery excellent, BeMoto (RAC) recovery pile of crap, had to wait 5 hours.

TB
 
That's the difference between indoor and outdoor bikes, I guess.

I assume you're leasing out the R1 again this year? It's good it gets a chance to "stretch its legs".
Yes, to Noobie to shut him up 🤪
 
  • HaHaHa
Reactions: Loz
DirectLine has informed me that they no longer wish to insure my car.

Obviously they didn't put it quite like that - instead, they increased my proposed renewal premium by fiftycuntingpercent, yes, 50%. Then they informed me that it was the best they can do.

I've insured with Aviva Zero with a premium more or less equal to what I paid DirectLine last year.

Motor insurance is a cartel, with price-fixing, market-sharing and collaborative practices. I've known this for years and every year, they confirm my belief.
 
DirectLine has informed me that they no longer wish to insure my car.

Obviously they didn't put it quite like that - instead, they increased my proposed renewal premium by fiftycuntingpercent, yes, 50%. Then they informed me that it was the best they can do.

I've insured with Aviva Zero with a premium more or less equal to what I paid DirectLine last year.

Motor insurance is a cartel, with price-fixing, market-sharing and collaborative practices. I've known this for years and every year, they confirm my belief.
They are on par with solicitors, banks, politicians, and plumbers in the rip off stakes, they should bring back medieval punishments for those groups 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Back
Top Bottom